1. How We Collect Personal Information
We collect personal information about users of the Digital Applications and related services. This information is either collected by us or submitted or shared by users of the Digital Applications and related services.
The information sent to us includes data on the pages you access, your device’s IP address, device identifiers, the type of operating system you’re using, your location, mobile network information, and standard web log data. Standard web log data includes the browser type you’re using and traffic to and from our Digital Applications.
When you download or use our mobile applications, or access one of our mobile optimised sites, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalised content. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable location services in the device’s settings menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, contact your mobile service carrier or the manufacture of your particular device.
In addition, we may collect and store any information you provide us when you use the Digital Applications or related services, including when you add information on a web form, add or update your account information, participate in community discussions, chats, or resolution of dispute, or when you otherwise correspond with us.
2. Types of Personal Information We Collect and Hold
We may collect the following types of personal information from you:
- contact information, such as your name, address, email address, phone numbers, social media handles, and similar information;
- personal information, such as date of birth and educational qualifications; and
- financial information, such as bank account details and credit card information.
3. How We Use Personal Information
The primary purpose for collecting your personal information is to provide you with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customised experience. We may use your personal information to:
- provide you with customer support and information on our products, services, events, programs, newsletters, email updates, and other services;
- verify your identity, including during account creation and password reset processes;
- customise, measure, and improve the content, layout, and operation of the Digital Applications and related services;
- manage and protect our information technology infrastructure;
- contact you at any telephone number, or by placing a voice call or through text (SMS) or email messaging;
- design products and services;
- provide to you targeted marketing about our services and promotional offers and the services of our contractors unless and until you opt-out;
- process any transactions by you and send notices about your transactions;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- detect, prevent or resolve violations of policies or applicable user agreements; and
- manage our risks and help detect, prevent, and/or remediate fraud or other potentially illegal or prohibited activities.
4. Personal Profile
When you use the Digital Applications, you may upload or download content, set up your personal profile, form relationships, send communication, perform searches and queries, form groups, set up events, add applications, and transmit information through various channels. We collect this information so that we can provide to you the Digital Applications with personalised features. To provide you with more useful and personalised information the Digital Applications may also collect your personal information from other sources referred to in paragraph 1 above.
5. Protection of Personal Information
We use technological, legal and training means to provide high levels of security and privacy for personal information.
Despite our security and privacy measures, personal information we collect is at your risk. We may have facilities for you to set privacy options that limit access to your personal information. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other users with whom you may choose to share your pages and information. Even after removal, copies of user-generated content may remain viewable in cached and archived pages elsewhere or files stored by others. Any improper collection or misuse of information should be reported to us.
6. Privacy of Email Addresses
The Digital Applications provide users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications, usually at the point where we request information about the user.
7. Aggregated Browser Information
We analyse Digital Applications logs to constantly improve service. We use the log information to record various information regarding different sections of the Digital Applications. This helps make the Digital Applications more useful.
9. Permitted Disclosure
If you become a registered user of any of the Digital Applications, you will be taken to consent to:
- your personal data being transferred to and processed in countries where our hosting servers are located;
- us using your personal information to check your identity, including to check your status (eg as a member of a defined user group) and for any merchant facility arrangement we have with bankers, their respective related bodies corporate, and their respective officers, employees and agents;
- use of your personal information by us and our authorised personnel and service provider contractors; for example, to improve service we may provide your personal information as statistical data to others for research and analysis purposes; and as another example we may use Google Analytics and give you notice of its operation on the webpage titled “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” (located at google.com/policies/privacy/partners/).
- us disclosing your personal information in situations where we reasonably believe it is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering with our rights, either intentionally or unintentionally; and
- us disclosing your personal information to law enforcement agencies and others if we in good faith believe we are legally obligated to do so.
The Digital Applications may contain links to sites and applications published by others. We have no control over their privacy practices.
11.Right of Access and Correction
Generally speaking, you may access the personal information the Digital Applications hold about you by sending an email giving full details to our Privacy Officer set out in paragraph 20. Generally, if any of that information is incorrect, you can have that information corrected by sending an email giving full details to that Privacy Officer. If you provide us with your personal information and you later decided that you would no longer like to receive information from us, follow the “unsubscribe” directions at the end of any email or other communication you receive from us.
12. Disclosure of Personal Information Abroad
We are likely to disclose your personal information to the following countries:
- United States;
- member states of the European Union;
- New Zealand;
- Republic of Korea;
- People’s Republic of China;
- Singapore; and
- other states in which we or you have business activities.
13. Consent for Platform Applications
If you, your friends, or members of your network use any third-party applications developed using third party applications on the Digital Applications (“Platform Applications“), you consent to those Platform Applications accessing and sharing certain personal information about you with others in accordance with your privacy settings. We do not screen or approve developers of Platform Applications and cannot control how those developers use any personal information that they may obtain in connection with Platform Applications.
14.Children Under Age 18
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 18, please do not attempt to register or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 18 is permitted to provide any personal information to or on the Digital Applications. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
15. Third Party Use of Personal Information
We may use third parties to manage the Digital Applications and activities from time to time, including, but not limited to, promotions and statistical analysis. These parties may have access to and store the personal information of users of the Digital Applications. Similarly, we may contract with third parties to handle requests for information submitted to us.
16. Disclosure or Sale
17. Business Transfer
19. Complaints about Our Privacy Practices
For any complaint about our privacy practices, please provide details to the Privacy Officer, whose contact details are in paragraph 20. We will then respond.
20. Contact Details
Last Revised: 1 December 2016